Friday, April 05, 2013

Cataloging Tool?

For years I've used MARC Magician to create bibliographic records. It is showing it's age, updates have been few since 2005 and most of the newer fields and codes are missing. I can establish them myself, but it seems to me that is work the company should do for all their customers. I get the feeling the company is not interested in the software and are just letting it age into obsolescence.

Is there an RDA ready tool out there? Something that has all the new MARC fields, shows examples and gives tips according to RDA? How about ITS BiblioFile? Anything else?

Thanks

2 comments:

Chris O'Leary said...

I'd like to know about any such tool also. Have you located any?

Also, did you realise that your blog is listed in Describing Electronic, Digital, and Other Media Using AACR2 and RDA by Weber and Austin?

Viccy said...

MarcEdit has been updated to include RDA.
FWIW
Viccy Kemp